A ministry of Cornerstone City Church
Cornerstone City Church started fifteen years ago in the city of Derry. Living in a divided society, Cornerstone has always aimed to operate in a strong cross-community manner.
Master´s Commission students will discover their God-given talents and use them in a way that glorifies Him and serve our community.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Pastoral Development – Mentoring
Our aim is to provide you with a Mentor with whom you will meet regularly for individual
accountability and inspiration. These times will help to highlight the following:
- Identifying gifts and abilities
- Help you establish your own dreams and future involvement in ministry or vocation
- Establish goals and objectives for this year (and beyond)
- Identify and address areas of weakness
- Institute a personal development plan (review regularly)
- Develop a strategy for a successful devotional life
Personal Development – Academically and Individually Fitted
Master’s Commission will include academic development, including external certificates
and/ or Ministry Courses from Irish Bible Institute, as well as leadership training taught
in-house and with guest speakers throughout the year.
Modules/Topics included would be:
- Old and New Testament Survey, Life of Christ, Sermon Preparation, Theology
- Leadership Training
- Basic life skills (Discipline, Communication, Conflict, Financial Mgmt, Relationships)
- Read the Bible in 1 year
- Bible Verse Memorization
- Booklist (5 sets of books, covering a range of topics)
- Monthly inspiration days
PRACTICAL DEVELOPMENT – Exposing and Experiencing Your Gifts
Students will be immersed in all facets of Church life. Exposure to a wide variety of
activities will help you identify your own area of gifting, passion or preference. A goal of
the programme is that it will provide you the opportunity to try different areas in a safe
environment where failure is not final. As this programme appreciates diversity, there
will be an individualised approach in finding a suitable combination of compulsory and
optional tasks for each student including:
- Extreme Team (school assemblies)
- Engage (youth work)
- Street Pastors (midnight street witnessing)
- iHeart Derry Festival (during summer – intense community outreach)
- Graphic Design + Video Editing
- Plan/Participate in Events
- Cleaning + Set-up
- Involvement in Worship
- Web Maintenance
- Short Term Missions
Thank you for your interest in the Cornerstone MC Programme.
If you are looking for training or just to have a gap year before you go on to other life changing things, then why not consider the option to “take the gap year” with us.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: +00 44 2871 349 339 – or – email us at: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
In His Service,